Medicare Audit - Towards 100% Compliance

Starts:  Feb 1, 2024 09:00 (ET)
Ends:  Dec 31, 2024 17:00 (ET)

Online / On-demand training

Every psychologist providing psychological therapy services under the Medicare Better Access to Mental Health Initiative arrangements, whether in solo or group private practice, continues to be individually responsible for ensuring compliance as part of an administrative Medicare auditing process. Psychological therapy services provided by clinical psychologists and focused psychological strategies services by registered psychologists are governed by specific rules and regulations that may be subjected to a review as part of an administrative Medicare audit. Regardless of being personally tasked with management of associated administrative processes or through engagement of administrative supports, compliance is conditional with every provider number issued by Medicare.

Most psychologists in private practice settings generate the bulk of their income through provision of Medicare relatable services, rendering their practice vulnerable to a potential auditing process. Within private practice settings, primary attention is generally directed towards generating a steady referral base, client retention and ensuring a steady income. However, equally important is a psychologist’s ability to retain income earned, preserve ability to offer affordable psychological services for the public and preserve earning potential for years to come. A non-compliant practice directly threatens a psychologist’s ability to retain income earned and may threaten their continued operating as well as earning potential through possible restrictions to claiming privileges. 

The Medicare Better Access Initiative has been in operation since 2006. Although regulating requirements have seldom undergone reform over the years, confusion relating to associated governance continues to be an enduring source of anxiety for most practitioners. Central to the arising confusion is the current state of scattered regulatory information across multiple platforms and departments. Similarly, an overriding focus on defining rules and regulations appears to have neglected clarification of what constitutes evidence of the same being adequately met. Thus, understanding rules and regulations encompassed under the Better Access scheme as well as understanding what constitutes evidence for production as part of an audit, remains central to clarifying the compliance process as a whole. Fortunately, it is possible to develop informed processes that will facilitate compliant claiming practices.

This training provides an opportunity for practitioners to review administrative regulatory requirements associated with the Better Access Initiative, understand what a Medicare audit entails, and develop processes towards compliance. The repackaged training comprises 4 pre-recorded webinars, available for on-demand viewing with an associated 6-months access duration. In total, the training provides 7-CPD hours and authorised access to associated practical implementation templates. 

Learning objectives and inclusions:

• Understand administrative requirements encompassed under the Better Access to Mental Health Initiative. 
  • Understand what an audit process entails. 
  • Understand what constitutes evidence of compliance. 
  • Clarify misconceptions and avoid common pitfalls. 
  • Adequately identify essentials required for maintaining a compliant practice.
  • Access practical templates and resources towards compliance.

The content of this webinar is referenced to a practitioner review of first-hand experience navigating two Medicare audits, initial audit that resulted in a non-compliant outcome and an associated refund liability and a subsequent audit that resulted in 100% compliance and an associated "No Concerns Identified" outcome. A thorough review of information and resources collated from MBS-Online, Services Australia, Department of Health, and Medicare, is also referenced throughout the training.

TESTIMONIALS: 

"My Names is Dariusz and i have been a psychologist for over 13 years. I have done countless courses and webinars on Medicare (better access program). No other course/webinar has provided me with clearer definitions and advice on how to meet all Medicare requirements. The personal experience of the presenter and her insight also provided invaluable information on changing my approach to document completion and record keeping. I highly recommend all psychologists working in private practice complete this webinar. I specifically would like to highlight that this webinar/course unlike all others I have attend provided useful and relevant templets and as well as examples, which in my experience is lacking from all other courses/webinars I have attended." D.G. Psychologist.

"Very detailed Webinar on meeting Medicare Audit requirements, including extremely helpful Templates and recommended administrative guidelines." A.R. Clinical Psychologist.

Online Instructions:
Url: https://www.purehss.com.au/offers/ZUykodDP/checkout
Login: Login details will be provided after registration